Welcome to Somerset County Library System of New Jersey's Community Memories Archive submission site. In 2018, we embarked on a program to build, support, and create an archive of the memories of Somerset County residents. This was done with the aid of funds from the National Endowment for the Humanities. As we build our collections, we invite you, our community members, to add your personal memories, no matter where they were from or when they took place. Thank you for being part of our project!
Submitting Your Digital Items
The submission process is free, and only takes about 10 minutes. You are welcome to submit as many pieces of digital content as you would like. Before you submit, please make sure that your content is:
- An original work to which you own the rights, or
- A family heirloom
- An image from your personal or familial collection
By submitting a digital item, you understand that:
- Once you submit your items, they will be made available on the internet.
- They will start out in the SCLSNJ Catalog, and will be searchable by the public.
- Once the materials are in the catalog, other resources are likely to find them and make them more widely available. For instance, Google will find the information and make it part of their search results.
- Adding to the SCLSNJ catalog will also make it possible for the New Jersey Digital Highway and the Digital Public Library of America to link to the material. That means people from all over the world who are looking for historical images or artifacts will be able to find the material.
Types of digital content to submit
- Poetry, art, storytelling or video
- Photographs representing family connections, or places in Somerset County, NJ
Accepted File Formats
Audio files, Images, Videos and Short writings
For assistance with digitizing your items, please email email@example.com